Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yes Drill Sargeant!

La-Z Me (LM): ugh.... I feel tired and a little sore from that surgery on the 13th. I don't want to ride...

Drill Sargeant me (DM): quit your belly-aching and suck it up! There is no reason you can't go for a bike ride today.

LM: It's hot & I am tired.

DS: SUCK IT UP! No one ever lost weight sitting around and complaining about being fat!

LM: uhhh... ummmm But I really don't want to

DS: get up, move out.. let's go!

It shouldn't take this to get going! oh well.. I was definately the slow & steady tortoise today, not the cute furry hare!... oh well... at least I got on the bike and rode for 40 minutes... so what if it was only like 9 miles and slow as heck.....

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I couldn't tell whether you actually got out and did it or not?? Am I dumb or what?

Anyway, when are we riding together?!?!?!?

Flabulous Mom said...

Hey, just the fact that you got out there is great! Motivation can be a hard thing to hang on to sometimes but that's when you need that DS! Keep it up you look wonderful!