Saturday, July 7, 2007

Dang, it is hot outside!!

Well, 16 miles approximately today in the hot sun. There were a lot of people at Hines Park today, and some nice 'scenery'. :) Today I was actually passing other cyclists and no one passed me until about mile 14. (LOL) I think the big difference is that now a lot more people are out riding, not just the die-hards that ride all year around. I was averaging about 16 MPH until the last 2 miles.... I was DYING on a very gentle hill that felt like it was going on FOREVER......
is 100 miles for 3 consecutive days even possible?? ugh! have a year and a couple weeks to get ready.... on 84 more miles than I did today.. with more hills up north... geez!

Starting to plan for some fundraising for this event. My friend Fred is helping me plan something for perhaps next April, AFTER st. paddy's day or else no musicians! We are thinking of having an open session someplace in GR with suggested donations. Think it can work? Can we raise some $$? I hope so.... it seems like a lot of money to raise I hope we can do it!

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

Ugh, I need a road bike.

Flabulous Mom said...

16 miles! That's great! I think your training is going wonderful! You are my idol lady! Keep up the great job!