Thursday, October 4, 2007

re: motivation gone

So... my Uncle (on my Mom's side - her brother) passed away a week ago yesterday in a manner VERY similar to how my Dad passed. The funeral was Saturday. I wasn't all that close to my Uncle - I don't know why... but it has hit me like a ton of bricks. I lost it at the funeral and made an ass out of myself, that was embarassing....

I guess it is just an avalanche - you can only repress for so long before it forces its way out. It isn't something I want to talk about, it just needs to work itself out I think. I vow this though NO MORE FUNERALS for awhile! So NO ONE ELSE DIE... GOT IT?

Anyway.... I have always meant for this to be positive - but I just don't feel positive... about anything.... not right now anyway. I decided to just give myself a break so I can shake it off... suck it up.... rub some dirt in it... whatever and move on. I don't know how long it is going to take. I am doing the water aerobics class once a week. I get some exercise around the house with the kids and when I am out with clients. If I gain some weight back, so be it. The holidays are coming - I'll just have to try to not TOTALLY lose it...

Damn my husband for buying junk food..... DAMN him!

3 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

One thing you might want to think about is not giving your self too much of a break. :) I only say this because sometimes it's better to keep exercising to help you deal with the different emotions you are having. I find I deal with things much better if I'm probably exercised.

Just a thought. :)

Flabulous Mom said...

Just letting you know you've got some great support here! Call if you need to talk. Anytime! And taking a break is sometimes exactly what you need. So hang in there and try to enjoy the hiatus. :) You're entitled to have feelings. Remember to you are not a superwoman. You are a Super Woman with Feelings! :)

Flabulous Mom said...

Oh yeah...And you ROCK!