Saturday, May 10, 2008

Update

I am fresh off the bike from a 30 mile non-stop ride at Hines Park. I did it in 2 hours, 4 minutes. Max speed reached was 30.1 MPH. Funny thing about that max speed. So about 1/2 mile into the ride there is this long windy hill and when I go downhill I am a nut.... I put the front chain ring on the BIG one, and the back one on the small one (highest gear) and pedal as hard as I can down the hill. So on the way back at like 26 miles, it hit me that in a couple more miles was gonna be a kinda wicked hill. It isn't steep, but it is almost like a switch back and it goes on for awhile (hence the 30 MPH going DOWN said hill). I did it, I honestly thought at one point I was not going to make it.....But I did.

A couple thoughts for people at Hines Park:
- If you are on roller blades, or on foot, or under 5 MPH on your bike, please go to the trail off the road, not on the shoulder of the road! (people on bikes up to 20-something miles per hour will be in this lane)
- if you are slow on your bike, or hell anyone on bike, please don't ride all over the shoulder, keep a straight line - and stay to the right so I, and others even faster than I, can pass you without having to go into the car lane.
- The scenery is always good there, not talking about the trees or the lake. ;)
- Yo! PERSON IN THE SUV... do NOT park on the shoulder of the damn road!! There are signs all over telling you not to park there. THAT IS THE BIKE LANE.... and FFS - Do NOT have the hutzpah to give ME - the person on a bike, in the FRIGGIN BIKE LANE - a dirty look for riding my bike where I am supposed to be. Thank you. :)

So anyway, going to ATTEMPT my first brick tomorrow.. wish me luck!

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I love making a list of rules for people to follow on the road in regards to bikers. People need a lot of reminders.

Fat 2 Fit said...

Too bad the people that need to read it won't.. :) But at least I put it out there SOMEW
where I Guess
:)