Monday, September 3, 2007

another crazy ride

So, perhaps when I got to Hines Park and realized I had no socks I shoulda called it a day.... but I am not that smart! Yes, I rode sock-less today. It was a rough ride and I don't really know why. Where the last one I did well, this time was a struggle nearly the whole time. Perhaps I shouldn't go for a ride when I feel like I really, REALLY need a nap. I still got in 14.4 miles - but it was slow. I only stopped one time for a 2 minute breather - so at least it was a decent ride in that respect.
Hines Park was rather deserted today, perhaps because it was a holiday. I am reading a book about serial killers right now, while it was panned pretty bad on Amazon.com, I am enjoying it. The reason I mention it is that it is making me a little paranoid when I am riding along part of this trail today. Crazy isn't it?

On another note...I think I need to learn more about nutrition - I think I am poorly fueled. If anyone has a good source of information for this please let me know! (Book or website would be helpful I think)

2 comments:

Flabulous Mom said...

LOL, paranoia gotcha? To funny. Great ride though. WooHoo 14 miles, that's awesome. Looking great girl!

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I'll have to think of some sites for you. But my best advice for eating is to eat 6 small meals between 300-400 calories each. They should be balanced with both carbs and protiens (with a little fat in there too). And you should eat 1 hour before you bike.

Other then those general rules, I'll try to find something helpful.