Monday, November 19, 2007

Ouchie

OKay. So today I have been paying a little for that craziness on the trainer. But oddly, I am glad for the little bit of pain. Maybe I finally understand that "no pain, no gain" thing? Today I went to water aerobics and it was good. I want to avoid over-training leg muscles and risking pulling my patela out of alignment. This is why cross-training is so important. I have always had lousy knees, so I don't want to make them worse! I need to make them stronger, not out of balance.

I have always wanted to do some athletic feat, even in high school when I was so emeshed in musical dork-dom I didn't have time to join the swim team, even though I was invited to join! SO here I am 20 years later (holy crap, 20 years!?!?!?!?!) training for a 300 mile bike ride, and likely a sprint-tri as well. I suppose that shows you never give up! Keep trying. I am not there yet, but I feel like I am on the right road.

Thank you NAA and FM, you 2 are inspirations! Also, to my friend Ralph who has always cheered me on and encouraged me to do this. He is the person that I learnd about this WAM from a few years ago. Now I have to work on trying to get him to sign up for the ride too!

1 comment:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I was so serious about my "fire" post. I can see the difference in your attitude. I am so excited about it, because to me, IT HAS BEGUN!