Monday, March 10, 2008

Flu....again!!??

OKay... this isn't funny anymore... I am not sure that it ever was really! I am taking better care of myself now than I have in years. Exercising, eating better, sleep is way better than it was now that kids are older.

I currently have my 3rd bout of flu since the beginning of the year. I am talking the fever/chills type with the body aches and fatigue and all the lovely coughing and congestion that comes with it. Why do I keep getting so sick? I am starting to wonder if the allergy/asthma meds are making more susceptible, or if the Asthma itself is. This is nuts!

Anyway, that is my rant for today! I didn't spin - obviously. 102.7 temp, (after tylenol) don't think the others in the class would have appreciated that. At least I did the treadmill yesterday. I am trying to bump up my time running without getting sore Hammys again... here is the plan... tell me what you think:

5 minute warm up (at like 3.0 mph)

jog 1 minute 4.5 mph
walk 2mins 3.3 mph
(repeat until have done this about 15 minutes, or 5 times)

5-6 minute cool down, starting at 3.0, last minute at 2.8 mph

I was not sore after I did this, yet it felt really like I was getting a good workout. I know that my jogs are incredibly slow... but it is a start! Never in my life was I a runner, nor did I ever think I would be. I plan to increase jogs to 1.5 mins, decrease walks to 1.5 mins next, then I will increase the amount of time I am in that walk/jog mode..... when I am healthy enough to exercise.

2 comments:

Flabulous Mom said...

Ugh! Sorry to hear you are sick again! That sucks. Hang in there I hear that spring really is coming!

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

Dang, that stinks. Hang in there.

As for your jogging plan, that sounds great. Keep it up!!