Thursday, May 10, 2007

Holy man-candy as motivation

Okay readers... So today I decided to load up my bike, go to Hines Park and go for a ride. If you have never ridden it is a pretty gentle ride except for a few minor hills.... At least they seem minor when you are in the car.... when you are huffing and puffing it back to the car because you were busy looking at the scenery instead of watching the cyclometer.... well suddenly those hills seem killer!

So anyway.. rode 10.33 miles! Pretty good for the 3rd time out! No complaints from me anyway. I of course had on all the dork-gear - even those shoes that attach to the pedals. I am finally feeling comfortable in those shoes and can get in and out of the pedals without falling onto the pavement. I was out for about 45 minutes. I am still slow, but at least I am moving!

So here is the cool part that I wasn't expecting! There were plenty of hot cylists... I am talking about tan, fit, looking GOOD on a bike... And most of them were giving a nod or a wave to me. Big ole' out of shape me. Made me feel good, kinda like part of a club or something. Silly but true. Someone started talking to me a little bit as I was loading up the bike into the minivan (he had an older version of the same one)... neat how that is.

I used to cycle on my own just down roads or whatever, but never some place that is known as a bike path so it was pretty neat!

So there is a new motivator in town, hot eye-candy to keep up with... :)

-f2f

1 comment:

Flabulous Mom said...

Having sweets in your life is a good thing! At least these kind are low fat, low cal sweets. So if it's motivating you just go ahead and enjoy that eye candy!