Saturday, April 19, 2008

1st REAL ride of the season

Well, I am fresh off my bike from a 20 mile ride at Hines Park. It was kind of slow, it took me a little under 90 minutes to complete. It wasn't a HUGE ride, but I am proud of myself. I know that pales in comparison to the 100 miles per day/3 day ride at the end of July.... But this is a start!

Some thoughts for the day...
I could have kept going!! I did NOT feel trashed at all. I only stopped because I was back to the car, and we have plenty to get done at home today. That, and I am not sure how I will feel tomorrow since this was my first real ride outside - not on a spinning bike.

I hear complaints all the time about how rude cyclists are.... I don't think that is true! Every single cyclist I passed waved,nodded, or said good morning. (they were going in the opposite direction from me. I got passed by people going the same way as me). I think I actually have become a cyclist. Hmmmm... How did THAT happen?

I REALLY need an mp3 player.

DAMN the person that was baking chocolate cookies that lives in the house bordering Hines Park. I COULD SMELL THEM.

No comments: