Wednesday, April 30, 2008

re: swimming saga

So, friends... I used to be a decent swimmer. In high school our student PE teacher tried to get me to join the swim team, but I was a music geek and didn't have the free time. I am not saying I was a terrific swimmer, can't time a flip-turn to save my life, and I am sure my strokes aren't a thing of beauty. but.....today while swimming I noticed some things that bummed me out:
- I really get tired a lot quicker with swimming than I used to... I think some of this is form, some is the Asthma, some is extra weight, and some is just general de-conditioning.
- I can not time my breathing for the front crawl anymore.. see above
- My kicking for front crawl is all wrong now. I don't activate my thighs for it hardly at all... I really need to work on that too.....

Too bad I can't afford some swimming lessons! The sad thing is that I can teach others to swim... I just need to figure out how to re-teach myself!

Anyway.. HOPEFULLY I will be able to complete the swim and not be exhausted at the tri in.... a little over 4 weeks (YIKERS!!!)

No comments: