Tuesday, April 22, 2008

YANKZ!

Okay. So in my entire life I have never run unless I had to. You know - running to catch up with the ice cream truck, running away from my brother after shooting him the eye with a suction-cup dart, things like that. This being said, the whole training to run thing is a bit of a weird thing for me. I have been a swimmer (was invited to join high school swim team but was too into music to find the time), and cyclist (never have raced, but love to ride my bicycle!). Running is new to me. So my pal Ralph had suggested these shoe laces called yankz for a tri. Now I realize that I am not any thing close to a professional athlete in any way, shape or form. But these things rock!

I don't know if anyone else out there is lazy about tieing/untieing shoes... but dang! They come in lots of colors, but I was boring and got white on white. So my point being, I got some new fancy running shoes from Running Fit and decided since these were so cheap I would try a pair. Last night I put them on the shoes, today I ran with them. They rocked! They have enough give to let your foot slide very easily into the shoe and easily get them out when you want them off - but they also are snug enough that you feel comfortable and they don't come off while you are running.

So, on race day at the tri, I won't lose those precious seconds tieing my shoes.. LOL really I am just worried I will be 1/2 dead with fatigue and be physically UNABLE to tie my shoes... but that is another post for another day!

1 comment:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

Thanks for the tip! I ordered mine yesterday!