Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Funny thing

So, it stopped raining for a while and I hopped on the bike. Now I decided to do 2 things that drastically changed this biking experience: 1. I took inhaler just prior to cycling (I could breathe!!!!) 2. I aired up my tires... they are 100 PSI they had between 50 & 60 each... what a HUGE difference tire pressure makes. That got me thinking about air pressure in my van and gas mileage - now I understand the correlation!

I was slow, but I never felt the difficulty breathing this time (imagine that). Oh well 11.45 miles wasn't too bad! I did the 1/2 mile followed up a little latter by the 1/4 mile 22-24 MPH sprint. That is always a leg killer - but WOW. Why does 22 feel FAST on a bike but S L O W in a car? Isn't that strange?

I didn't go further today because the sky was turning an ominous shade of dark gray and it smelled like it was gonna rain soon. That ended up being a wise decision. Hubby couldn't believe that I went out to ride at all. Planks - ugh 20 seconds 2 times was killing me, don't even ask about the crunches. LMAO oh well... Baby steps... Never give up - right?

Registration for the big ride is Nov. 1st I believe. I hope we can raise the funds! That is the thing I am more nervous about, not the actual ride. Isn't that funny??

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

I'm glad you are back at it!

Flabulous Mom said...

Great ride even if you did feel like you were slow. Just keep up the great job.

As for the fundraising, I don't think you should worry so much right now. Like you say, little steps. We'll get there!