Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nothing like fearing for your life

Well, there is nothing quite like a ride on the road, 2 lane road, 45 MPH speed limit with a left turn lane in the middle, one that has tractor trailers, delivery trucks, and crazy people driving on it to inspire you to pedal faster. I rode about 15.5 miles today, first almost 9 miles were 16-18 MPH steady. When I turned around I was pretty tired and averaged 12-14 mph (mostly sidewalks) back. I think that when a large tractor trailer passes less than 3 feet to your left, it'll scare you into going faster than you think you can go!

So while the distance was less than I had hoped for, it was in barely over an hour! So I'll take that. :) add some work out on the ball and I'm golden for the day.

http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/calburncalc.htm According to this page I burned like 1200 calories. Hard to say if that is accurate though. Thanks again, to my buddy (you KNOW who you are) for saying - hey you talked me into exercising - you'd better keep doing it too!

2 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

awesome ride dude.

we still need to get out to Hines. Maybe next weekend?

Flabulous Mom said...

Sounds like you got a great workout! Those trucks will certainly get you moving.:) I envy you getting out there biking as often as you do. It doesn't seem like I can get my butt out of bed so early to do that. Still trying though. Keep up the great work girl. You're doing awesome!