Monday, June 23, 2008

That's gonna leave a mark

Okay. I am embarassed to type this, but I will anyway. Yesterday I fell off my bike, twice. Rookie mistake that I haven't made in ages.. but I did... So go ahead and laugh at the clumsy cyclist! I was distracted and just off. I was doing a 2nd 40 mile bike ride... (the last one being a week ago). So I was coming up to a red light.. thinking, "please turn green, please turn green" and completely not getting my foot unclipped... bike stops.. wait a second... as the bike starts tipping - my foot isn't out!! OUCH! That time kinda hurt - seat hit me rather hard and left a nasty bruise - never mind how great that concrete felt. This is why I wear the gloves - when you land on your hands it feels a lot less bad than it could.. The 2nd time I was stopping for a break - my foot was out and I was leaning towards it and somehow I fell in the other direction - that foot was still in. WTF????!!!!????!!!!

This was just a bad workout weekend! I ran on Saturday - worst run EVER! It was was worse than when I first started. Lungs were burning, legs were burning.. I just felt lousy. Sunday really wasn't better for the bike ride. I completed the 40 miles.. somehow.. It was slow, I almost ran into stuff left and right, I was a wreck! But... I did it.. I am taking 2 days off.. I need a rest apparently!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: