Monday, June 2, 2008

Triathlon results....

Okay, so these posts are backwards... But that's okay!
So this Triathlon yesterday was the shortest, to my knowledge, that you can do:
400 Meter swim (that's about 16 times the length of your average YMCA pool)
16 K bike (about 10 miles)
5 K run (about 3 miles)

My times:
Swim: 11:24 (yes, even when I couldn't breathe, I still didn't do toooo bad)
1st transition/changing into bike stuff: 3:46
Bike: 41:12 (i was holding myself way back to save for run. Now I wish I hadn't been soo conservative)
2nd transition/ out of bike into run: 1:54
Run: 42:22 (mostly was a walk, but I would say i ran about a 3rd of it. I didn't think I would be able to run ANY of it)


Total time: 1:40:35
I was 450th over all out of approximately 500.
I was 3rd from last out of my age group, 4th out of 8 in my class (the last 2 didn't finish though) I entered as an Athena which is for women over a certain weight amount.

For my very first triathlon, and with that damn asthma attack in the water... I am pretty happy with my results. :)

2 comments:

Flabulous Mom said...

Way to Go!!!! I knew you could do it! For your first tri you did awesome. So, are you hooked? :)

Flabulous Mom said...

Way to go! I knew you could do it! For your first tri you did awesome! So, are you hooked?