Sunday, June 1, 2008

today I can call myself a triathlete....

I finished! I don't have my times yet.. But I did it!
It was fun, once the swim was over. I actually had an asthma attack as soon as my face hit the water and did pretty much the whole thing side stroke and having a hard time breathing.. At least it was a mild attack.
Here are some pictures, THANK YOU MATT for taking pictures!!!!!

The put your age on one leg, and rookies got a B (for beginner) number on the arms. They numbered alphabetically, so I was 497.

Jeanne and I before the race... What am I thinking??? OMFG, WHAT have I signed up for!?!?! There is NO way I can finish this!!!!
Here I am entering the water, about 30 seconds before my lungs went on strike!!!
Gasping for air... walking to the inhaler, not running..
transition area.. cool

3 comments:

Non-Athletic Athlete said...

Awesome job girl. You did a GREAT job. You were only 6 minutes off of my time from last year! So great job, I'm extremely proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on a great job. We're all very proud of your accomplishment, especially given the asthma attack at the start!!! I would have quit right then, but then, I suck. :)

YOU ROCK MINDY!

Flabulous Mom said...

You are AWESOME! Even with an asthma attack you finished! I think I would have quit right there. Great job F2F!